Saturday, March 15, 2008

I have no plans of retirement as of now : Ganguly

How long do you wish to continue?
(Laughs)! In plain and simple words, I have no plan of retirement as of now…I wish to continue till the day I perform…I will keep on playing all the versions of the game till I keep performing in those.

What is inside you that keeps on going even at 35?
It’s not only for me, I think for everyone the hunger for success is the main thing that keeps you going. I still feel that fire in me and so I will continue as long as that is still there.

Is there any feat that you feel you need to achieve?
(Again laughs) Yes a lot of things…the main thing is the performance and nothing else matters.

Don’t you think you will have problems handling with Shoaib Akhtar?
There’s no question of handling anybody. Shoaib is one of the fastest bowlers in the world and so is Ishant Sharma. I think we all will get a good opportunity to perform in this new format of cricket.

Do you regret of not getting any player whom you wanted?
(Pause)! Brett Lee…(laughs)! You cannot get all the players. Anyways, We have a good combination legendary batsman like Ricky Ponting, David Hussey, Shoaib, Ishant, Brendon McCullam and many. I am very satisfied with what I have.

No comments: